One of the most titled wrestlers in the national team of Cuba, Yowlis Bonnet, on arrival in Yakutsk, was interviewed by “Sport of Yakutia”:
- Yovlis, welcome to Yakutia!
- Thank you very much. I am very glad to be with you. We were greeted very warmly from the airport, treated us with bread and a tasty drink (smiles). It is very cold here, but, nevertheless, our first impressions are positive.
- You are the current world champion, the leader of the team. Which of the future rivals in the World Cup would be called the main competitor?
- In the group stage, Cuba will meet with strong teams. This is Russia, Turkey and Japan. All rivals will be worthy.
- In the weight category up to 61 kg, where you are represented, Ramazan Ferzaliyev and Zelimkhan Abakarov will fight for the Russian team. We wonder if you know them?
- Unfortunately, I don’t know these fighters and for the first time I hear their names. But in Russia there have always been strong wrestlers. I know that your competition is very high. Therefore, even the world champion should not underestimate rivals. I will tune in to every opponent.